While playing Telephone Pictionary, a couple buddies and I decided we could create this as an app. Telephone Pictionary is a game I play with friends where you alternate drawing and writing. Because it could easily be played asynchronously, you could have several games going at once with players all over the world.
- We all had full time jobs.
- There were other applications out there that worked similiarly; we’d have to set ourselves apart.
- Drawing on a phone isn’t nearly as easy as on a piece of paper.
- We had to develop a method to store the data from individual user inputs and combine them all in a easy to access/use final image.
- Determine a way to play a local game.
- All screens wire-framed in high fidelity using JustInMind.
- 50+ user testing sessions conducted.
- Local game mode prototype working on Android.
- Implement the online game mode.
- Eliminate ways users can inadvertently delete an in progress game.
- Tweak the drawing methods to allow for more precise control.
- Build a zoom function into the application.
- Lock the phone with only that application open.