Honda Aircraft Options and Variances
Honda Aircraft Company, a subsidiary of Honda Motor Company, has developed the Honda Jet, a small, personal jet with a claimed 20% better fuel efficiency than other designs.
Because the Jet was a configurable structure, Honda Aircraft wanted a method to be able to visualize the entire BOM with all the different variations.
- Honda wanted to be able to load the entire BOM for their jet in a reasonable timeframe.
- Honda wanted to be able to utilizie options and variances to look at the different structures available.
- I had no experience with options and variance.
- Teamcenter documentation can be misleading at best.
- Ended up deploying an intermediate data capture to successfully load the structure in reasonable time for the BOM. Decreased from 13 hours down to 2.5 hours.